How to Make White Chocolate Curls: Create your own homemade cake topping with white chocolate curls. Follow my simple steps and take your cake to the next level of elegance. The technique will also work with milk or dark chocolate. No piping bag or tips required to make a fancy cake….just chocolate curls!
Putty Knives: It’s important to have a straight edge tool that is also a little flexible. For instance a putty knife, stiff spatula with a straight edge or scrapper work nicely. Baking Pans: Flipping the pan upside down helps the making process easy. Offset Spatula: Makes spreading the warm chocolate a breeze.
How to Make White Chocolate Curls
- Chop white chocolate (DO NOT USE WHITE CHOCOLATE MORSALS OR ALMOND BARK), I used Ghirardelli White Chocolate.
- Place chopped chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, add shortening and heat until melted (about 1 minute).
- Stir until smooth.
- Flip baking pans/sheets upside down, smooth with an offset spatula HALF of the melted chocolate onto the back side of a baking pan/sheet. Pour and smooth the remaining chocolate on the other baking pan/sheet.
- Place in the refrigerator to harden (about an hour).
- Remove from refrigerator, let stand 2-3 minutes.
- Working from one edge, using the tool of choice (putting knife, spatula or scrapper), scrape chocolate into curls.
- TIP: If chocolate is too hard, let it sit at room temperature for and additional 1-2 minutes. OR….if it gets too soft, return to the refrigerator.
How to Make Marble Chocolate Curls
The is simple but just incase you need a little help, here is what I do to create marble curls. Chop 4 ounces of white chocolate and 4 ounces of milk or dark chocolate. Place each chopped chocolate in its own microwave safe bowl, add 1 teaspoon of shortening to each bowl. Heat until melted (about 33-40 seconds). PER PAN—Add dollops of white chocolate and dollops of milk or dark chocolate on the pan. Using the offset spatula swirl chocolates together to make a marble effect. Continue with the white chocolate recipe….