Leftover Pot Roast Pockets. What’s better then pot roast with all the fixings? Leftover over pot roast pockets! Tender roast beef, roasted potatoes, carrots and gravy encased in a tender crispy pie crust wrapper. Leftovers have gotten a bad rap and it’s time we change that! Your family may say they don’t like leftovers.
Can the lunch pockets be frozen?
HOW TO MAKE LEFTOVER POT ROAST POCKETS
- Once the pie dough is made, divide dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll one portion into a 9-inch round
- Add pot roast, potatoes, carrots and a dollop of gravy to the center.
- Fold in half and crimp all around the outer edges.
- Repeat for remaining dough portions.
- Brush with an egg wash and bake until golden brown.
Create Leftover Pockets with these delicious recipes
- SLOW COOKER SOUTH OF THE BORDER ROAST
- SLOW COOKER CRANBERRY ROAST
- SEMI HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE
- INSTANT POT SWISS STEAK
Recipe Variations—not meant to be added all at once
- Use puff pastry
- Add cheese
- Add green beans
- Add corn
- creamed or mashed potatoes
MORE POCKET RECIPES
- SAUSAGE AND EGG BREAKFAST POCKETS
- PICADILLO POCKETS
- KOREAN BEEF POCKETS
- ARTICHOKE DIP POCKETS
- ASPARAGUS POCKETS
- 1 recipe Perfect Every Time 10 Minute Pie Crust (link below)
- leftover pot roast, potatoes, carrots and gravy
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- optional topping: salt and pepper
- Start by making one pie dough recipe→PERFECT EVERY TIME 10 MINUTE PIE CRUST
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll one portion into a 9-inch round.
- to the center add roast, potatoes, carrots and about 1 TABLESPOON of gravy over the top of the vegetables.
- Moisten round the edge of the circle of dough with cold water.
- Fold the dough over the vegetables to the other side.
- With the tines of a fork crimp the edges.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg and water.
- Brush the egg wash over the entire top and sides of the pocket.
- Sprinkle the top with a little salt and pepper.
- Make small cuts in the dough for steam to escape.
- Place pockets on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat for the remaining 3 pockets.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown.
TO FREEZE: Place pockets in freezer safe zip top bags up to a month. Slightly under bake the pockets or leave the dough raw and freeze.