Root Beer Float Cupcakes: Reminiscent of days gone by when getting a root beer float on a Sunday evening was….well…..what you did.
These Root Beer Float Cupcakes are true to their name. There is no mistaking this for another flavor. They are DELICIOUS!!! I made these cupcakes for my Church’s Rodeo Fest and had many people comment on how good they were. This would be a fun cupcake to serve at a 50’s party, a soda shop theme party (just add a cut straw),rodeo theme party or a backyard barbecue! FUN!
Add a “kick” of fun and serve your guests an ice cold shot of root beer on top of their cupcake. I got the mini boot glasses from Oriental Trading and thought they added some fun to the cupcakes. Another option is to add a barrel shaped root beer flavored hard candy.
Root Beer Float Cupcakes
For the Root Beer Cupcake
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons root beer extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups root beer
For the Float Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set Aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time.
- Beating on medium speed until combines.
- Scrape sides of bowl; beat on medium speed about 2 minutes more or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in root beer extract and vanilla.
- Alternately add flour mixture and root beer to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers come out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Pipe or spread float frosting over cupcakes.
For the Float Frosting:
- Cream the butter until fluffy, add 1/2 cup ice cream and vanilla. Combine and add the sugar 1 cup at a time.
- If the frosting is too stiff add more of the vanilla ice cream until the frosting reaches spreading or piping consistency.
MORE WESTERN THEME TREATS