I have a confession…I am NOT a beer drinker! Yep, that’s right I can’t even stand the smell let alone drink the stuff. So when I say these Touchdown Brewsky Burgers are the BEST BURGERS I’ve ever had. You know they must be something special! Even though BEER is in these tasty burgers…I am here to tell you…you will NOT be disappointed with this burger! What goes with beer? PRETZELS! Make your own PRETZEL BUNS and send these burgers over the top! 🙂
Packed with flavor these Touchdown Brewsky Burgers are filled with a delicious cheddar-beer filling and topped with a semi homemade beer barbecue sauce. When your team is playing and the gang is pumped you want to be able to serve them something that will satisfy their hunger. You can also serve my CHILE LIME BAKED CORN and my RANCH STYLE BEANS. You could even throw in some BAKED PICKLES.
Place the patty flat in the palm of your hand.
Add filling to the center.
Enclose the filling with ground beef.
Flatten. TIP: If some of the filling comes through once the patty if flattened, take some from the other side and press in to create a seal and grill to perfection!
Touchdown Brewsky Burgers
For the Cheddar Beer Filling
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons beer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
For the Brewsky Burgers
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup beer
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Beer Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup spicy barbecue sauce (I used Stubs)
- 2 tablespoons beer
For the Garnish
- 8 slices of Colby jack cheese (optional but... why not?)
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 red onion slices
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
For the Cheddar Beer Filling:
- Add the cheese, green onion, beer, Worcestershire sauce and garlic into a food processor.
- Cover and process until nearly smooth.
Note: If you don't have a food processor you can also use and blender or chop is finely by hand.
- Set aside.
For the Brewsky Burgers:
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef, green onion, beer, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, butter, garlic, salt, pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Make a dent in the center and add 2 tablespoons of Cheddar filling.
- Wrap the ground beef around the cheese mixture making sure to cover it completely.
- Flatten and grill to desired doneness.
NOTE: If you want cheese; add a slice to each burger patty about 5 minutes before burgers are done cooking.
For the Beer Barbecue Sauce:
- Add the sauce and beer to a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave just until hot not boiling.
To Build the Burgers:
- Spread bottoms of TOASTED buns with barbecue sauce, top with burgers, add the lettuce, onion and tomato slices.
- Replace tops of buns.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
RECIPES USING BEER