Asparagus Bacon Quiche | When it comes to quiche this recipe stands above all the rest! Full of smoky bacon, asparagus, mushrooms, red pepper….I could go on and on. This perfect semi homemade make ahead dish is what every hostess dreams of having. Perfect for Easter Brunch or a ladies luncheon.
Perfect for a summer dinner with a green salad on the side. Whether I’m making this quiche for dinner or breakfast I love that I can make it ahead and have it waiting for me in the refrigerator and ready for the oven. This Asparagus Bacon Quiche is also great for entertaining out of town guests. Make this wonderful quiche ahead of time so that all that’s left to do it put it in the oven right before the guests arrive.
Roll out the prepared pie crust, press into the sides of the tart pan.
Gently fold all ingredients together and pour into prepared tart pan.
Look at all those lovely layers! I served this last weekend at a ladies luncheon. They absolutely LOVED it! So be prepared….you’re guests will want the recipe. If you want to spice up this dish, all you have to do is add a few shakes of Tabasco to the egg mixture.
Look at my fun SPRING BRUNCH TABLE. Click on the link and follow along as I walk you through the step by step set up process plus add lots more yummy Brunch recipes perfect for Easter Sunday!
- 1 store bought prepared pie crust
- 8 ounce sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 pound asparagus cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup white cheese, shredded (jack and muenster)
- 6 strips of smoky bacon, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a removable bottom 9.5-inch tart pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet saute mushrooms with oil until golden.
- Set aside to cool.
- Fill a medium saucepan with enough water to cover the asparagus.
- Bring water to a boil; add asparagus and boil 1 minute.
- Drain immediately and set aside to cool.
- Roll out the prepared pie crust, press into the sides of the tart pan.
- In a large bowl lightly beat the eggs, add the cream and stir together.
- Add the onions, red pepper, shredded cheese, cooled mushrooms, cooled asparagus and bacon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently fold all ingredients together and pour into prepared tart pan.
- Set pan on a cookie sheet, bake 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan 15 minutes before removing the tart pan sides.
NEVER MISS A POST!
Sign up for my newsletter (two per month) and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER