Tuscan Cream Cheese Spread. A light and creamy spread filled with roasted red peppers, green olives and artichoke. One bite of this delicious Tuscan Cream Cheese Spread and you’ll think you’re at a wonderful caffé in the Tuscany countryside. Whether on a beautiful piece of sour dough bread or a bagel, make sure to add this spread to your breakfast buffet. Scroll down to see another recipe that can be created with this spread.
Why I love this Tuscan Cream Cheese Spread
- Very flavorful
- Can be used as a spread or a dip (see below)
- Perfect as an appetizer or breakfast
- Can be made days in advance
- The perfect hostess recipe
Also—add store bought spreads!
Here are some of my favorites.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (Nutella)
- Nut Butters; cashew, almond and hazelnut butter (swapped for peanut butter)
- Honey (seek out honeys—such as Tupelo or lavender-flavor—or honey butter)
- Fruit Butters: apple or pumpkin butter
How to make Tuscan Cream Cheese Spread
- Set out the cream cheese to soften
- Chop the roasted red peppers, green olives and artichoke bottoms
- Mix with a hand mixer or by hand until combined and creamy
Serve this Tuscan Cream Cheese Spread as a Dip
And here’s how:
Add all the ingredients to a 1½ – 2 quart slow cooker. Cook on low (about 2 to 3 hours) until cream cheese is soft. If too thick—stir in enough milk to bring it to dipping consistency. Serve with a slices of salami and toasted baguette, focaccia or ciabatta. TIP: For a dip you might want to double the recipe.
MORE BUTTERS TO GO WITH YOUR TUSCAN CREAM CHEESE SPREAD
- PEAR APPLE BUTTER
- FRESH PUMPKIN BUTTER
- SLOW COOKER APPLE BUTTER
- SHORTBREAD VANILLA RUM COOKIE BUTTER
- HONEY BUTTER
- SPICY HER BUTTER
- CITRUS BUTTER
- CHOCOLATE COOKIE BUTTER