Christmas Cranberry Pecan Cream Cheese Spread. The perfect mixture of tart mixed with the creaminess of the cream cheese and added crunch from the pecans. Start Christmas morning right—add this delicious easy to make Christmas Cranberry Pecan Cream Cheese Spread to your breakfast buffet. Scroll down for other ways you can use this amazing spread.
Why I love this Christmas Cranberry Pecan Cream Cheese Spread
- Very flavorful
- Can be used as a spread or pastry filling
- Perfect as an appetizer, breakfast or dessert
- Can be made days in advance
- The perfect hostess recipe
Also—add store bought spreads!
Here are some of my favorites.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (Nutella)
- Nut Butters; cashew, almond and hazelnut butter (swapped for peanut butter)
- Honey (seek out honeys—such as Tupelo or lavender-flavor—or honey butter)
- Fruit Butters: apple or pumpkin butter
How to make Christmas Cranberry Pecan Cream Cheese Spread
- Set out the cream cheese to soften
- Measure and spoon the whole berry cranberry sauce into the softened cream cheese
- Mix it with a hand mixer or by hand until combined and creamy
- Stir in pecans and serve
Serve this Christmas Cranberry Pecan Cheese Spread as pastry filling!
And here’s how:
- CINNAMON ROLLS: Use store bought large cinnamon rolls (Pillsbury Grands) unroll the cinnamon rolls all together, spread some of the cream cheese mixture on. Roll back up, slice on the perforations, place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Spoon icing (comes with the rolls) over hot rolls.
- PUFF PASTRY PINWHEELS: Roll 1 puff pastry sheet into a 11 x 13-inch rectangle. Spread cream cheese mixture on dough. Starting with the long side roll the dough into a spiral. Slice into 14 to 16 pieces. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 400° for 15 to 20 minutes.
- CROISSANT FILLING: Place a heaping teaspoon of filling into the center of a store bought (Pillsbury) croissant triangle. Dip fingertip in water, run around the edge of the croissant, fold over and seal. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake as directed.
MORE BUTTERS TO GO WITH YOUR CHRISTMAS CRANBERRY PECAN CHEESE SPREAD
- PEAR APPLE BUTTER
- FRESH PUMPKIN BUTTER
- SLOW COOKER APPLE BUTTER
- SHORTBREAD VANILLA RUM COOKIE BUTTER
- HONEY BUTTER
- SPICY HER BUTTER
- CITRUS BUTTER
- CHOCOLATE COOKIE BUTTER
BONUS IDEA! Add this Christmas Cranberry Pecan Cheese Spread to the center of a bundt cake!
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until whipped and fluffy. Stir in the cranberry sauce and pecans. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Will last refrigerated for 7 days.