Coconut Lime Pull Apart Bread: A tender bread, served hot with a wonderful citrus kick.
Get your fiesta on with this fun to eat pull apart bread. With layers of tender bread infused with lime zest and toasted coconut. Anytime I see coconut and lime together I immediately think it’s fiesta time. Add freshness to your Spring brunch table with the zip of lime zest from this Coconut Lime Pull Apart Bread and if it happens to be fiesta themed even better! Also serve Pineapple Coconut Coolers for the perfect pairing.
FOR DETAILED PICTURES, WATCH THE SLIDE SHOW BELOW.
Coconut Lime Pull Apart Bread
For the Bread
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 to 110 degrees)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar plus 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream or milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut, toasted and divided
- zest from 1 lime
For the Lime Glaze
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
For the Bread:
- In a small bowl add the warm water, 1/8 teaspoon sugar and yeast.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until foamy.
- In a large bowl stir to combine the flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Add yeast mixture, 4 tablespoons melted butter and heavy cream.
- Mix until just combined.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla until just combined.
- Pour onto a lightly floured surface and knead 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Spray a large bowl with non stick cooking spray; form dough into a ball and place in prepared bowl.
- Cover and place in a warm draft free area for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Tun out dough onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 1/4-inch rectangle.
- Brush with remaining melted butter, sprinkle with 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup toasted coconut and lime zest.
- Cut dough into strips slightly smaller than the width of your loaf pan.
- Stack the pieces, and cut into small rectangles; place cut side up in the prepared loaf pan.
- Cover and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on a wire rack.
For the Lime Glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and confectioners' sugar.
- Drizzle over loaf and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup toasted coconut.
- Serve warm.
MORE FIESTA BRUNCH RECIPES