Homemade Everything Honey Bagels: This delicious easy to make recipe proves that with a few everyday ingredients you can make bagels in your own kitchen.
Why should I make my own bagels?
- The base for this recipe is honey bagels, if an everything bagel is not your thing you can easy swap out other toppings or keep the bagels plain.
- sesame seeds
- poppy seeds
- sunflower seeds
- toasted nuts
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE EVERYTHING HONEY BAGELS
- DRY ACTIVE YEAST AND WARM WATER:
- Making sure the water is warm is just as important as making sure the yeast is fresh. The two work together as a team. Make sure the water is warm and not hot (between 100-110°
- HONEY AND BROWN SUGAR
- These two ingredients add a touch of sweetness to the bagels
- WATER BATH
- The reason the bagels are boiled before baking is so that the outside crust sets before is goes in the oven.
- EGG WASH
- This is glue that holds the toppings in place.
- Your chance to add added flavor to the bagel.
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON-RAISIN BAGELS USING THIS RECIPE
Knead about 2/3 cup of raisins into the dough toward the end of the kneading process. Just before you’re done kneading, sprinkle your work surface heavily with cinnamon-sugar, and give the dough a few more turns; it’ll pick up the cinnamon-sugar in irregular swirls. Divide the dough into pieces, form each piece into a ball, and roll each ball in additional cinnamon-sugar. Proceed to let rest and shape as directed.
Instead of a full breakfast create a delicious bagel bar with these easy to make spreads and butter recipes.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPREAD AND BUTTER RECIPES→SPREADS