Delicious savory scones with chunks of ham and sharp cheddar, make these scones the perfect light brunch dish. These savory Light Ham and Cheese Scones are on the lighter side and even though they are light and fluffy, what I’m talking about is the calorie count. With great ingredients like fat free buttermilk, egg whites and reduced fat cheese, now you can enjoy yourself a guilt free large scone!
MAY FAVORITE SCONE RECIPES
- MINI LEMON POPPY SEED SCONES
- FRESH STRAWBERRY SCONES
- CHRISTMAS SCONES
- TRIPLE CINNAMON SCONES
- PUMPKIN SCONES
- ORANGE SCONES
TIPS FOR CREATING A TENDER SCONE DOUGH
- Use a pastry cutter or fingers to incorporate the butter.
- Add just enough buttermilk to make the dough stick together. Otherwise, the scones may come out tough.
- If adding frozen fruit, wait until the end (just before you cut the scones) so that the juices don’t melt into the dough before it gets into the heat of the oven.
- Don’t soften your butter. Cold butter make scone rise higher.
- If you’ve making scones with ingredients like canned pumpkin or mashed banana, use less buttermilk.