These cinnamon roll cupcakes taste just like a light and fluffy cinnamon roll!
Make these cinnamon roll cupcakes ahead of time and freeze. Make the frosting up to 3 days before your event. Just bring the frosting to room temperature before trying to pipe it on. Perfect for a carnival cake wake or a bake sale. Kid’s will love them! Add these cinnamon roll cupcakes to your dessert table for Thanksgiving.
For the Cupcakes:
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl stir together brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon brown sugar mixture over batter in cups.
- Spoon the remaining batter evenly over brown sugar mixture in cups.
- Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar mixture over batter in cups.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool completely in muffin tin then remove to be frosted.
For The Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Mix together butter, cream cheese, cinnamon, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar.
- If the frosting is too thick add milk 1 tablespoon at a time to reach spreading consistency.
- Makes about 3-12 cups.
This recipe was adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Cupcakes 2011.