Butterscotch Frosting | Add a pop of flavor to your pumpkin bread, carrot cake cupcakes or even on BUTTERBEER Cupcakes! With this creamy delicious Butterscotch Frosting!
Instead of melting butter and brown sugar I simply melted butterscotch chips! This super easy recipe is just as flavorful as the cooked frosting and goes great on quick breads, cakes, cupcakes and cookies.
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2 pound) bag confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup cream soda
- In a medium microwave safe bowl heat the butterscotch chips and heavy cream (about 1 minute).
- Stir until all the chips are melted and the mixture is creamy.
- Set aside to cool 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl whip the butter until light and fluffy.
- Spoon in the butterscotch mixture, butter flavor and salt.
- Mix until combined.
- Slowly add the sugar 1 cup at a time alternating with the cream soda.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
NOTE: If the frosting is too thick drizzle in another tablespoon of cream soda.
MORE FROSTING RECIPES