Butterscotch Frosting: A light and fluffy buttercream with the rich flavor of butterscotch. Add a pop of flavor to your pumpkin bread, carrot cake cupcakes or even on BUTTERBEER Cupcakes! With simple ingredients and a surprise ingredient.
How to Store Butterscotch Frosting
How to Make Butterscotch Frosting
- INGREDIENTS (full printable recipe below)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2 pound) bag confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup cream soda
- In a medium microwave safe bowl heat the butterscotch chips and heavy cream (about 1 minute).
- Stir until all the chips are melted and the mixture is creamy.
- Set aside to cool 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl whip the butter until light and fluffy.
- Spoon in the butterscotch mixture, butter flavor and salt.
- Mix until combined.
- Slowly add the sugar 1 cup at a time alternating with the cream soda.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
Why should my ingredients be at room temperature?
MORE FROSTING RECIPES
TIPS FOR LIGHT AND FLUFFY FROSTING
- Good ingredients “real” butter not margarine
- Room temperature ingredients
- Be patient…you’ll need to whip the frosting at least 3 to 5 minutes (sometimes I do this step twice). This will allow air to incorporate into the butter and create the lightness you want.
- That’s it! It’s really not as hard as you might think.