Churro Cupcakes | Transform your favorite cinnamon treat into a cupcake! Next time you have a fiesta make sure you add these Churro Cupcakes to the dessert list. Like the snickerdoodle this cupcake is full of cinnamon flavor. Add a sombrero topper and you have a cupcake worthy of a Fiesta Party or a Cince de Mayo Celebration!
Another Churro option is my Pumpkin Churro Cupcakes with Cinnamon Chocolate Frosting. You don’t have to be planning a Fiesta Party or Cinco de Mayo Celebration to make these delicious cupcakes. Here’s a comment one of my readers left about this Churro Cupcake “I do not normally leave comments or reviews, but these were by far my favorite cupcakes of all time. The frosting alone is addictive, but the blend of the cake, cinnamon sugar topping AND frosting was amazing. I will not disclose the amount of frosting I most certainly did not consume!!! Great recipe, will make again and again.” Candace Thanks Candace for your kind words.
These Churro Cupcakes are light and fluffy. Brushed with melted butter, rolled in a cinnamon sugar mixture and then topped with a creamy delicious cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
A FIESTA in a cupcake! For more fun ideas on how to throw a Fiesta party visit my FIESTA PARTY.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups milk
For Cinnamon Sugar Crunchy Topping
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk together both flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low.
- Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of milk, and beating until combined after each.
- Fill each cupcake liner three-quarters full.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Transfer tins to wire racks to cool completely before removing cupcakes.
- Top with cinnamon sugar crunchy topping and cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Set out 20 minutes before serving
For Cinnamon Sugar Crunchy Topping:
- In a small bowl melt butter.
- In another small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled brush melted butter on the tops and dip into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
For Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until light.
- Mix in vanilla and cinnamon; add confectioners' sugar 1 cup at a time until all is incorporated.
- If the frosting gets too thick, add milk a few drops at a time until it reaches desired consistency.
MORE FIESTA PARTY DESSERTS
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER